Wednesday, June 16, 2010

ANDERSON ANGRY OVER MISSING WORLD T20

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 -- England’s premier fast bowler has expressed his disappointment at not being a part of the ICC World T20 tournament winning playing eleven after missing each of the games in the tournament.

Anderson has said that he thought that being rested for the prior tour of Bangladesh meant that he was not a part of the thought process and hence missed out.
Left out and angry!
Left out and angry!
PicSearch


Anderson said that while one needed to congratulate the selectors for the tournament winning squad, he also said he was left seething at being left out.

He said, "But it [being left out] did take the wind out of my sails and I felt angry about being rested, because I felt that might have had something to do with it. I thought if I had gone there and gone to Abu Dhabi."

Anderson also said that he will now need to re-evaluate where he stands in England cricket. He also acknowledged that unless the side plays two spinners, he may not be a part of the starting eleven. "I now have to work my way back into the team and unless they play only one spinner I can't see me starting," he said. "I admit it has changed my thoughts on where I am in the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment